Getting married in Italy is the dream of many couples and Italy is the perfect country for this purpose: the stunning architecture, the history filled with artistic beauty, the romance of the places, combined with beautiful sunsets, breathtaking landscapes and excellent food and wine will offer an atmosphere of charm and happiness for those who choose these places for their own marriage.
The civil ceremony is officiated by an Italian authority and is legally recognized in your country:
– it is performed in Italian by a Mayor or civil registrar, with an official Interpreter and two witnesses (over 18 years old) are needed
– it consists of a mix between the articles of the Italian civil code and traditional marriage vows
– it lasts about 20 minutes
– by law it must take place in buildings approved by the Italian government
– it can be customized with elements that express your personality and values: music, readings, poetry and personal vows
– outdoor civil ceremonies can be performed only in certain locations approved by the Italian authorities under special circumstances
The places you can choose to celebrate your civil wedding are many: Rome, Tuscany, Umbria and the Amalfi Coast. The choice will be difficult due to the variety and beauty of the options. If you wish, the civil ceremony can be full of poetry, live music or singing.
There are some paperwork that you will need to get in your country and some other needs to be done in Italy.
Independently from your nationality, in order to get legally married in Italy you should be able to provide the following documents.
Please note that the paperwork requirements expire after 3 months if you have not yet married:
– Certificate of No Impediment or Nulla Osta
We suggest to plan your ceremony at least 3/4 months in advance to make sure that all the papers are in order.We highly recommend to book flights and accommodations once the town hall is secured and an official confirmation is forwarded to you.
Each country has its own process to celebrate civil legal marriage in Italy.
YES will help you prepare the documentation and organize your civil wedding.
For information, write an email in CONTACT